Chicken Finger Day is July 27th. Just because you are plant-based it doesn’t mean that you can partake in “chicken fingers”. When I was asked by my local TV star Ange if I could make plant-based no chicken fingers on the show on July 27th I knew that I had the best recipe for those of us that are plant-based!
Making recipes on TV requires prep time and while I try to use recipes that are quick, this one had a little prep time. I knew I wouldn’t be able to do the recipe from start to finish. I decided to video the first part at home so that you could see how the dough comes together!
Here is a link to the video of how I make the dough!
Here is the recipe for the “No Chicken” Chickpea Fingers
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon No-Chicken Broth Powder (see notes below )
1 tablespoon vegan mayo (you can use store bought or see notes below)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Braggs Aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas until there are no whole chickpeas.
- Add in poultry seasoning, no – chicken broth powder, mayo, Dijon mustard, and aminos or soy sauce. Mix until well combined
- Then add the vital wheat gluten and water, mix well.
- Kneed the dough for up to 5 minutes, or until it is well combined
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip over and bake for another 20 minutes. You want the fingers to golden brown.
NOTES: Click here for seasonings and mayo recipes
Poultry Seasoning and Vegan Mayo recipe links
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
This are so good and the best chicken fingers ever